Kansas City, KS: Spring Break Bucket List
Your winter blues have turned bright green and it’s time to celebrate. Welcome to Kansas City, KS, your destination for zip-lining, water-sliding, marble-making, froyo-eating fun! School is out for a week, so that means it’s time to forget all about the rules…just a little. Here is your wacky, rule-bending Kansas City, KS Spring Break Bucket List for 2018:
1.Go crazy- Marble crazy that is! Attend Moon Marble Co.’s 18th Annual Marble Crazy, March 2 & 3 and witness the wonder of how marbles are made. See the Contemporary Art Glass Marble Show featuring artists from around the country, marble making demonstrations, and a marble making machine! Moon Marble Co. is also your spot to find one-of-a-kind spring break souvenirs, from marbles and glass ornaments to old fashioned toys and model kits. Spring break at a later date? Not to worry! Moon Marble Co. gives demonstrations Tuesdays, Fridays and Saturdays all year long.
2. Catch a case of the “gimmes”- It’s time to swap out your sweaters and boots for sundresses, shorts and sandals. What better place to update your spring wardrobe than Legends Outlets Kansas City? Stroll around this 805,000-square foot outdoor shopping center, and enjoy premium outlet stores and a variety of dining and entertainment. Kids will have a blast checking out the fountains, Kansas-themed statues, or skipping down the Legends’ yellow brick road!
3. Dare to enter the Blue Hell- Chant, cheer and most of all – believe! Watch the 2017 Open Cup Champions, Sporting Kansas City, take on teams from around the country inside the state-of-the-art Sporting Park! Experiencing the energy of Sporting KC fans and the excitement of the game is a must for visiting sports fans.
4. Act like an animal- How would you like to shake paws with a wolf? Great Wolf Lodge is a place where the whole family can have a howlin’ good time! Inside its 84-degree indoor water park you can find giant waterslides, splash pools for the little ones, a 1,000-gallon tipping bucket and more! Even more fun can be found around the lodge with an arcade,specialty shops, and of course Wiley the Wolf and his forest friends. If you’ve got just a few hours, venture to Cabela’s and feel safari-esque as you walk around the African Diorama. Afterward go underwater and come face-to-face with a giant catfish in one of its three freshwater aquariums. Next you can experience mountain life by visiting Cabela’s 11,500 square ft. Mule Deer Country Museum with the world’s largest collections of life-size trophy mule deer in their natural surroundings.
5. Travel back in time- Learn a little something this spring break! Kansas City, KS is filled with fascinating history, and lots of ways to explore it. Learn our story from its very beginnings at Wyandotte County Historical Society & Museum. Take a step back into the frontier life at the Grinter Place, one of the oldest homes in Kansas City, KS. You can explore this beautiful farmstead home along the Kansas River, and learn about the life of the family that lived there.
6. Fly - Launch yourself from a 65 ft. tower. Get a birds-eye view of downtown Kansas City and the flowing Kansas River as you soar over trees at 45 mph. Zip KC is sure to make your spring break an unforgettable rush! With eight different zip lines and three courses to choose from, there are plenty of packages to fit your time frame and budget. Reservations are required, so book your adventure for spring break now, before your chance to fly zips out of sight!
7. Play with your food- Art projects are fun, but even more fun when you can eat them! It’s time to get creative and I’m not talking about with crayons or paint, I’m talking about with pizza toppings! Pizza Studio at Legends Outlets allows you to create your own pizza masterpiece. You can choose from different crust, sauce, cheese and more than 25 fresh toppings! But, pizza like this is served best with a dessert that is just as imaginative. sweetFrog premium frozen yogurt is just a few doors down and is filled with even more endless possibilities. sweetFrog’s topping bar is filled with candy, fruits, nuts and lots of syrup – sweeeet!
For more ideas on how to spend your spring in Kansas City, KS sign up for our Visitor E-Newsletter here!