Visit Kansas City Kansas is seeking a Sports & Meetings Sales Manager. This position oversees sales efforts to secure group bookings of meetings, conventions and sports-related events in Kansas City, Kansas. The Sales Manager generates leads and connects with clients through one-on-one selling, sales trips, trade shows, bid presentation and site visits.
APPLY HERE by August 1st
- Candidates should have at least 2-4 years of sales experience in sports, hospitality or related industry
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent experience
- Valid Driver’s License
- Regular overnight travel may be required for presentations, FAMS, sites, and attendance at trade shows
- Candidates with previous experience working with sports rights holders preferred but not required
- Oversee sales strategy for group markets including sports, meetings and conventions
- Conduct aggressive sales solicitation program to generate sales leads and bookings and achieve agreed-upon sales booking goals
- Work with venue partners and hotels to effectively develop new business in the sports market including youth, amateur and professional events, as well as meeting and convention business including business, association and government markets.
- Develops bid proposals and presentations and manages site visits
- Coordinate sales blitzes, FAMS, and other sales opportunities
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with accommodations, sports facilities, venues and regional & community partners.
- Attend industry conventions, trade shows and events.
- Maintain a working knowledge of all member facilities, attractions, and services available to customers planning meetings.
- Work with marketing team to develop and maintain meeting sales advertising and marketing tools.
- Work with services manager to serve needs of groups booked in KCK.
- Accurately manage data in the Simpleview CRM database to regularly maintain accounts, input traces, record meeting profiles and history and produce and distribute sales leads.
- Complete and submit appropriate reports on a timely basis.
- Knowledge of sports events and/or hospitality community.
- Highly motivated, energetic, and organized.
- Ability to prospect, assess and analyze quality business opportunities.
- Demonstrated skills in public speaking, presentation, oral and written communication.
- Demonstrated critical-thinking, analysis and negotiating skills.
- Ability to engage effectively with diverse audiences.
- Positive and professional attitude and appearance.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and CRM systems.
- Excellent time management, multi-tasking skills and attention to detail
- Ability to meet multiple deadlines.
- Ability to respond to changing priorities.
- Ability to work evenings/weekends when necessary.
- General knowledge of Kansas City KS and the KC metro area