Visit Kansas City Kansas is seeking a Community Engagement Manager. This position works to grow support for Visit KCK and its initiatives among community stakeholders in Kansas City, Kansas. The position will plan, direct, and coordinate activities designed to raise awareness of Visit KCK as well as work with partners on a variety of tourism- and community-related projects.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with stakeholders including tourism businesses, neighborhood groups and community stakeholders
- Seek out new partnership opportunities for Visit KCK and create mission-appropriate sponsorship and paid-partnership programs to increase investment in the organization
- Plan and coordinate partner events and community initiatives such as the annual tourism celebration
- Maintain collaborative working relationships with partners, seek to understand their goals and needs, and how they tie in to Visit KCK’s goals, strategic plan and marketing
- Meet with partners to review programs and benefit opportunities
- Oversee communications with partners and community stakeholders to keep up to date on Visit KCK news and initiatives. Develop and manage partner e-mail communications: Industry E-Blasts, Extranet Updates, etc.
- Manage Partner Extranet. Train partners on how to use Extranet, update and manage Extranet in a way that is engaging to maintain partnership use.
- Act as point person for industry partnership meetings
- Attend events to establish and maintain Visit KCK presence in the community
- Keep partnership database, contacts, and listings up to date.
- Experience in partner relations, community relations, or sales
- Excellent relationship-building & networking skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and ability to engage effectively with diverse audiences
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong organizational and time-management skills, with the ability to set priorities and limits in order to accomplish tasks, meet deadlines, and adapt to changing priorities
- Demonstrated commitment to the value of diversity
- Competence at electronic data entry and information management, as well as the ability to analyze data for purpose of cost containment, program monitoring, and improvement
- Ability to work independently, prioritize projects and tasks, multi-task, and participate as an effective team member
- General knowledge of Kansas City KS and the KC metro area
- Candidates that are bilingual (English/Spanish), preferred but not required
Compensation: $45,000.00 - $55,000.00 per year
Employment Type: Full-time
About: Visit Kansas City Kansas is a non-profit organization whose mission is to generate economic impact through tourism by promoting Kansas City, Kansas as a destination for visitors, meetings and sporting events.