Valentine’s Day is right around the corner and if you’re like me you are just now thinking about what to get your significant other. Oops! Fear not. Maybe it’s a gift, dinner or a romantic getaway – whatever’s on your mind- Kansas City, KS has a variety of heart-thumping experiences to help you celebrate the month of love. Here are five ways to spend your time in Kansas City, KS this Valentine’s:
1. Escape to Africa and Tahiti or the Mayan Rainforest at Chateau Avalon Hotel. Fall in love with Kansas City’s most unique hotel featuring themed suites, breakfast in bed, spa services and a wine bar serving quality wines and signature cocktails. Chateau really helps set the stage with optional romantic extras such as rose petal turndown service, chocolate covered strawberries, champagne and more. Find their February specials here: www.chateauavalonhotel.com/specials/month-of-love
2. Novice and experienced wine drinkers will love delighting their palates at Wine Barn Winery & Vineyard and Rowe Ridge Vineyard & Winery. Both establishments produce award-winning Kansas grown wines and offer free wine tastings on the weekends. Make your reservations now for Sweetheart Saturday at Wine Barn on Feb. 14th. www.winebarnwinery.com, www.roweridge.com
3. For the Foodie in your life why not create a customized Kansas City, KS chocolate tour? With specialty shops like Russell Stover’s and Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory, their sweet tooth is sure to be satisfied. Don’t forget about the fudge! Cabela’s and Great Wolf Lodge both feature house-made fudge in lots of unique and yummy flavors.
4. Need a little adrenaline to get your heart pumping? Gear up for the ride of your life at the Richard Petty Driving Experience or Exotic Driving Experience at Kansas Speedway. Adventure lovers I am talking to you! Book your driving experience at: www.drivepetty.com, www.exoticdriving.com
5. But of course – it wouldn’t be Kansas City, KS if there wasn’t something available for the kiddos! Celebrate with the whole family at Dexter’s Valentine’s Bash at T-Rex Café. Kids of all ages will enjoy meeting Dexter the dino, free games and goodie bags, crafts and activities and more! www.trexcafe.com/pdf/promos/Valentines-Day.jpg