FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
For more information, contact
Abigail Harlan, Page Communications
The Kansas City Kansas Taco Trail Returns
The ‘KCK Taco Trail’ maps out the best places for local, authentic tacos.
KANSAS CITY, Kan. (April 28, 2023) – Visit Kansas City Kansas is announcing the relaunch of the ‘KCK Taco Trail’, a mapped-out trail of nearly 60 local taquerias launching just in time for Cinco de Mayo. Within the last decade, the taco scene has exploded with taquerias all over town, making Kansas City, Kansas the go-to destination for authentic tacos. The KCK Taco Trail gives the community a flavor-filled experience of culture and history through food.
To celebrate its launch, five restaurants will serve $5 Taco Plates on Cinco (5) de Mayo (only):
- El Potro Mexican Cafe, 13035 Canaan Center Drive, Bonner Springs, KS
- A & J Molcajete, 2610 State Avenue, Kansas City, KS
- Daisy's Authentic Mexican food #1, 1046 Kansas Avenue, Kansas City, KS
- El Torito Grill, 1304 Central Avenue, Kansas City, KS
- GG'S Barbocoa Cafe, 1032 Minnesota Ave, Kansas City, KS
The trail, which first made its debut in October of 2020 and ended December 2022, highlights over 55 taquerias in Kansas City, KS helping locals and tourists alike find the best places for local, authentic tacos with chances to win prizes along the way.
To participate, taco enthusiasts can visit www.kcktacotrail.com to sign up for the KCK Taco Trail. The trail will not only map out where to find all kinds of tacos, but also give diners the chance to win prizes. Unlock prizes by eating tacos and checking in at restaurants. Here’s how it works:
- Step 1 – Get Your Pass
- This mobile exclusive passport is a collection of curated restaurants where you can enjoy KCK’s best tacos.
- Step 2 – Receive Text
- Your passport will be instantly delivered to your phone via text and email and is ready to use immediately. There is no app to download. Your pass can be saved to your phone’s home screen for easy one-tap access.
- Step 3 – Redeem
- When visiting a participating business, simply open your pass and check in to earn points. Points earn prizes such as T-Shirts, tortilla warmers, decals, and more!
The KCK Taco Trail is ongoing, however participants have until April 15, 2024 to complete the trail and win prizes. Those who complete the trail will be invited to a Taco Party hosted by Visit Kansas City Kansas and those who check-in to 25 or more restaurants by April 15, 2024 will be entered to win an Ultimate Taco Experience. To view a full list of the nearly 60 restaurants on the KCK Taco Trail, visit www.kcktacotrail.com.
KCK Taco Trail goers are encouraged to use the hashtag #KCKTacoTrail on social media. For more information, visit www.kcktacotrail.com or follow the KCK CVB on Facebook at www.facebook.com/VisitKansasCityKS and Instagram at @visitkansascityks.
About Kansas City Kansas Convention & Visitors Bureau
The Kansas City Kansas Convention & Visitors Bureau is a non-profit organization whose mission is to generate economic development in Kansas City, KS through tourism by promoting the area as a destination to visitors, conventions and sporting events.